KING'S MEAD

SEAFORD

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

King's Mead School was opened as a boys' preparatory school in 1914 when the purpose-built school buildings were completed.

As such they were probably the only remaining example of their type built in the first part of the 20th Century.

Over 890 boys went to the school before it closed down and merged with another school near East Grinstead.

This web site is dedicated to the boys and staff of the school, for the vast majority of whom they were very happy days.

                                   

 

The School

The Chapel

Photographs

 

List of those Old Boys already traced
(230 as at 28/12/2021)

News and recent updates to the web site
(last updated 29/05/2024) 

Video (by Charles Toop) of a return visit to the school building whilst it was being used as St Mary's Nursing Home in July 1997

 Books which make mention of King's Mead School

Introduction

 

 

Acknowledgements

 

This site was created by the late Dr David Maxwell and is now administered by Peter Kerruish
Any suggestions or contributions very welcome via e-mail:-
Contact/feedback details

 

 

 

 

Website hosted by Willow View Websites